- Remove any cigarettes or other smoking materials from the area, and then extinguish them.
- Do NOT use matches, lighters or other open flames or activate light switches, electrical appliances, flashlights, doorbells or even garage door openers, as they could create a spark.
- Do NOT use telephones (cellular included) on the premises where the leak is suspected. Phones can create a spark.
- Evacuate everyone from the building immediately and then call Precision Plus Plumbing for gas leak repair.
- Do not re-enter the building until declared it to be safe until someone can perform gas leak repair.
For your safety, we promptly investigate suspected natural gas leaks 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you smell natural gas and suspect a small natural gas leak in your home, take the following steps:
- Open all doors and windows.
- If possible, check to see if appliance burners are fully off and pilot lights (if any) are lit.
If the odor inside is strong and you think you may have a large natural gas leak, follow these instructions:
- Do not try to find the leak source or turn off valves or appliances.
- Do not operate any electrical, battery, or mechanical devices (including phones).
- Leave the premises and take all occupants with you.
If you detect an odor of natural gas outside, take these steps:
- Stay away from the suspected leak area.